Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We Are Excited To Show Off Some Finished Projects!

We have been quite productive lately. Mary, of course, more than most. She has recently finished two very cute projects from the new summer books. The first (right) is a tunic from Sublime, made from their Soya Cotton. The yarn is really nice to work with. It makes a fabric with a great drape and the color is beautiful. It is a simple pattern and is good for those of you who want to make something easy for the summer.


Mary finished the second project (left) in an impressive amount of time. It is a dress from Louisa Harding's Summer Classics. It is done out a Mariposa, a viscose/cotton blend with a slight sheen. This is slightly more complicated since it is a lace pattern for those who want a bit of a challenge.


And finally, I want to show off my finished project, even though it took me nearly 3 years to finish and it is a discontinued yarn. It is a beaded sweater from an old Rowan. I am really pleased with it. I just love the color which was called Klein (as in Yves Klein which I think is why I love it so much- it's the art history major in me!).
Check back soon- I'll show you what we're working on.

No comments: