Sunday, January 25, 2009

Two More Finished Projects!

Doesn't it feel good to finish projects that have taken way too long? It feels even better if you are happy with the results. I just finished two long over due projects that I am really happy with. Here they are: This first sweater is "Hank" from RYC Classic Babies. I started it so long ago, I didn't even know if it was for a boy or girl. Now he is 15 months old and it just fits. But it looks so cute on him, he is going to wear it every day until it doesn't fit. I knit it out of an old discontinued yarn but any dk weight yarn would work. We still have the book and plenty of yarn options.

The second sweater is a Penny Straker pattern. I just think the owls,which are made from cables, are so adorable. This didn't take long to knit at all. I used the Ella Rae Classic which is such a dream to work with. And very inexpensive! This sweater was under $20 to knit. But it took too long because I hate to sew on buttons and this called for 16 tiny buttons for the eyes (and that's not even counting the 5 for the front placket). It looks great on my son, though, and I think he's worth sewing on a few buttons for!

No comments: