Thursday, May 28, 2009

an FO and a lesson

I finished Samba from from Louisa Harding's Deco. I decided on the short version. It is knit out of Mulberry. I got the ribbon for the straps up the street at Soutache. I love the the ribbon. You can't see it in the picture, but there is a stripe of grey the exact color of the yarn. Overall, I am very pleased with it. But............................(and here comes the lesson).........................

If you look closely, there is a big mistake. See the garter and eyelet rows at the top? Well, that pattern is supposed to be repeated at the bottom of the bust, right before going into the lace pattern. But this is knit top down and I was so excited to be done with the stockingnette and get into the lace, I just skipped a whole chunk of the pattern! And I didn't notice until I was 4 rows before the bind off. Rip out the whole lace portion? I don't think so. So, I have to just live with it and let it serve as a reminder: No matter how much you have knit or how anxious you are to get to the "fun" part of the pattern-- make sure you carefully read the ENTIRE pattern!

No comments: